The Surprising Effects & Benefits of Carbon 60 Fullerene in Olive Oil
Although a relatively new compound, C60 fullerene has been scientifically backed by a number of research studies, demonstrating an abundance of mental and physical health benefits. While the effects of C60 can vary between individuals, one particular study has shown a 93% increase in the lifespan of rats.
What Is Carbon 60 Fullerene?
C60, otherwise known as fullerene is a potent antioxidant featuring 60 carbon atoms (hence, its C60 name). While it is not physically reactive with any other substance, it possesses the ability to remove superoxide, the by-product of cellular metabolism which causes tissue damage. Additionally, it is thought that via the absorption of acid and hydrogen atoms which are positively charged, C60 itself acquires a positive charge that attracts mitochondria, resulting in a decline in reactive oxygen species production.
Research has also demonstrated that C60 is able to pass through lipid membranes, altering the functions of cells.
The Health Benefits of C60
- C60 delivers an abundance of mental and physical health benefits for users of this compound with both antioxidant & nootropic properties.
- C60 protects against ageing by preventing damage by free radicals. Free radicals are uncharged molecules with unpaired electrons. These free radicals search for other electrons as they like to be in pairs. This results in oxidative stress, otherwise known as damage to protein, cells and DNA. Free radical damage has been associated with ageing, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. We are constantly exposed to free radicals via alcohol, junk food, air pollutants, pesticides and tobacco. By consuming C60, its antioxidant functioning prevents free radical damage and has been shown to prevent age-related decline in rats.
- C60 has been shown to improve the lifespan of rats. Clinical studies have revealed that C60 prevents the death of nerve cells by dehydration or amyloid-beta. Additionally, C60 in olive oil has been shown to increase the lifespan of rats by 93%.
- C60 can kill viruses. C60 has been shown to kill the mosquito virus when the correct photons work in collaboration with hydroxy C60.7
- C60 prevents osteoarthritis and bone inflammation. Research has shown that water-soluble C60 can prevent bone damage related to stress, as well as preventing bone loss and bone inflammation in rabbits.
- C60 eliminates bacteria. C60 fullerene boosts white blood cells and eliminate bacteria to kill Streptococcus which causes toxic shock syndrome, skin infections and strep throat.
- C60 stops sunburn for younger-looking skin. In human skin models, C60 oil has been shown to prevent UV damage and stop sunburn.
- C60 prevents inflammation. Clinical research has revealed that C60 inhibits TNF alpha and IL-1 to prevent inflammation in mice.
- C60 may fight cancer. In clinical trials, a 5mg/kg dose of C60 fullerene has been shown to lower tumour growth and metastasis in rats with cancer.
- C60 boosts sexual functioning. C60 may help reducing sexual dysfunction and infertility. Research in diabetic rats showed improvements in sexual functioning.
C60 Fullerene Uses
People consume C60 fullerene for a number of reasons. There are two main types of C60 you can use – C60 olive oil and C60 MCT oil.
What is C60 oil?
C60 and C60 oil are not completely the same. C60 oil contains C60 dissolved into an oil carrier. Oil is generally used as it’s impossible to suspend standard C60 in water – it simply suspends on the surface. C60 dissolves in olive oil to provide a mixture of natural substances that boasts the impressive health benefits mentioned above.
There are several options in terms of oil carriers that can be used but Olive Oil has been the tried and tested option in most studies with high success rates. Alternatively, C60 can be dissolved in refined coconut oil (MCT oil). MCT is another term for medium-chain triglycerides, which essentially means that between 6 to 12 carbons are attached. Coconut oil is a natural substance, however, MCT oil requires extraction via a process called fractionation. Similar to C60 olive oil, C60 MCT oil presents several benefits for your mental and physical health and are both currently popular choices for C60 solutions.
In addition to the health benefits already covered, users of C60 consume this compound for other reasons;
- Increased energy levels. Many users notice enhanced energy levels when consuming C60.
- Better sleep. Users of C60 have reported enhanced sleep or less sleep required to maintain their daily energy levels.
- Better skin. As C60 has been shown to protect against sunburn in human skin models, many users notice an improved complexion, softer and smoother skin, as well as more youthful looking skin.
- Several studies have revealed longevity benefits of C60. One study found that the average lifespan of mice increased by between 5 to 14% even when consumption of C60 began halfway through the lifespan.
- Improved brain health. C60 has been found to improve learning and memory. One clinical study discovered that memory and learning improved in rats when taking C60.
- Enhanced sports performance. Many C60 users have experienced increased strength, demonstrating more reps in exercise performance.
While C60 fullerene is a fairly new compound, clinical trials have revealed a wealth of health benefits. Increased lifespan, the prevention of free radical damage, and the possibility of fighting disease makes C60 one of the most exciting developments in recent years.
The Famous Rat Experiment
For the ‘famous rat study’ they dosed 10-month-old rats daily for 7 days, then weekly until the end of the second month, and then monthly until the end of the seventh month, after which all dosage stopped.
There were 3 groups of rats one group was fed water, another olive oil and the third group Carbon 60 olive oil and to their surprise, instead of causing illness, disease or early death, the rats fed Carbon 60 olive oil actually lived longer than the other groups of rats. After three years, all of the water-treated rats were dead, matching up with the typical life-expectancy of a rat of around 2.5 to 3 years. The olive-oil-only rats lived, on average, 18% longer than the control (water-only) rats, while the Carbon 60 olive oil treated rats lived 90% longer than the water-only rats. Some of the C60-dosed rats lived for as long as 4.5 years, and anecdotal accounts from the researchers suggest that the last rats were finally put down after 6 years, so that the research could finally be published. The researchers proposed that the main way that the carbon 60 was having its effect was through the reduction of oxidative stress. In other words, the carbon 60 was somehow acting as a powerful antioxidant and reducing the effects of ageing.
To make sure that their results were valid, the researchers also treated another group of rats with carbon tetrachloride (CCI4), which is normally quite toxic to rats. The control rats showed the usual toxic response, with their symptoms lasting around 24 hours, but the Carbon 60 olive oil treated rats only showed these symptoms for around 5 hours.
They also examined the livers of all of their rat groups and found that the carbon 60 protected the rats’ livers from damage.
So not only did the researchers establish that Carbon 60 was not toxic to mammals, they found that it protected the body – and the liver – from damage, and significantly extended their lifespan.
The researchers also wondered whether longer-term dosing could have produced an even greater lifespan extension in the rats, which would be a fascinating area for further study.
Its early days for Carbon 60 but who knows the sky is the limit.
Supplementation of C60 Oils has rapidly gained popularity over the years due to the exceptional research and anecdotal experiences that have been popping up. However, one major issue raising concern amongst the sellers, is the quality of the actual C60 used in the manufacturing of the final product.
Raw C60 is readily available for purchase on the net but the purity/manufacturing process and overall quality is to be of vital importance.
– Several manufacturers have been found to use inferior quality C60, toxic solvents and other chemicals during the manufacturing process which can be extremely toxic and harmful when consumed.
Which is why we have taken it upon ourselves to only use 99.95% Ultra Pure & SOLVENT FREE Carbon 60 in our products.
What you choose to feed your cherished pet is one of the most important decisions you can make. We are dedicated to upholding the highest standards of nutritional integrity and food safety, and it’s why we make every Performadog Premium Performance bag in Australia, using some of the best manufacturing systems in the world. To assure our quality, our factory, ingredients, processes and foods meet the strictest standards, and our ingredient suppliers are approved and audited by the Australian Government Department of Agriculture.
Our Production and Quality Assurance Teams apply strict and rigorous standards
At all stages of production and preparation, we utilise both Good Manufacturing Principals — a worldwide system for the control and management of manufacturing and quality testing of foods, and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point Analysis (HACCP) — an internationally recognised and systematic preventive approach to food safety. Our fresh regional ingredients truly meet the AAFCO definition for ‘fresh” and standards.
Our quality management systems extend well beyond our factory going forward to our distributor partners and back to our ingredient suppliers, who we know and trust. All meat ingredients are approved by the Australia Government and produced exclusively from animals classified ‘fit for human consumption.’
Our fresh meats are produced within our region in dedicated, approved human grade facilities.
Our Promise Is Simple
To supply the very best dog and cat food, made with the highest standards to enhance health, longevity and the prevention of disease.
To Order Your Carbon 60 and Ultra Premium Pet Food Please Visit Our Online Store.
Scientific Sources on Carbon 60.