What Are The Health Benefits of Eggs?
Eggs are one of the few foods that should be classified as “super-foods.” They are loaded with nutrients, some of which are rare in the modern diet. One egg has only 75 calories but 7 grams of high-quality protein, 5 grams of fat, and 1.6 grams of saturated fat, along with iron, vitamins, minerals, and carotenoids. The egg is a powerhouse of disease-fighting nutrients like lutein and zeaxanthin.
Eggs are one of the few foods that should be classified as “super-foods.” They are loaded with nutrients, some of which are rare in the modern diet.
Here Are Nine Health Benefits of Eggs.
1. Incredibly Nutritious – A single large boiled egg contains:
- Vitamin A: 6% of the RDA
- Folate: 5% of the RDA
- Vitamin B5: 7% of the RDA
- Vitamin B12: 9% of the RDA
- Vitamin B2: 15% of the RDA
- Phosphorus: 9% of the RDA
- Selenium: 22% of the RDA
2. High in cholesterol, but don’t adversely affect blood cholesterol
3. Raise HDL (The “Good”) cholesterol
4. Contain choline
5. Are linked to a reduced risk of heart disease
6. Contain lutein and zeaxanthin — antioxidants that have significant benefits for eye health
7. Omega-3 or pastured eggs lower triglycerides
8. High in quality protein, with all the essential amino acids in the right ratios
9. Don’t raise the risk of heart disease and may reduce the risk of stroke
What you choose to feed your cherished pet is one of the most important decisions you can make. We are dedicated to upholding the highest standards of nutritional integrity and food safety, and it’s why we make every Performadog Premium Performance bag in Australia, using some of the best manufacturing systems in the world. To assure our quality, our factory, ingredients, processes and foods meet the strictest standards, and our ingredient suppliers are approved and audited by the Australian Government Department of Agriculture.
Our Production and Quality Assurance Teams apply strict and rigorous standards.
At all stages of production and preparation, we utilise both Good Manufacturing Principals — a worldwide system for the control and management of manufacturing and quality testing of foods, and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point Analysis (HACCP) — an internationally recognised and systematic preventive approach to food safety. Our fresh regional ingredients truly meet the AAFCO definition for ‘fresh” and standards.
Our quality management systems extend well beyond our factory going forward to our distributor partners and back to our ingredient suppliers, who we know and trust. All meat ingredients are approved by the Australia Government and produced exclusively from animals classified ‘fit for human consumption.’
Our fresh meats are produced within our region in dedicated, approved human grade facilities.
Our Promise Is Simple
To supply the very best dog and cat food, made with the highest standards to enhance health, longevity and the prevention of disease.