Is a leafy green flowering plant native to central and western Asia. It is of the order Caryophyllales, family Amaranthaceae, subfamily Chenopodioideae. Its leaves are a common edible vegetable consumed either fresh, or after storage using preservation techniques by canning, freezing, or dehydration.
Benefits of Spinach
Spinach is a super-food. It is loaded with enormous amounts of nutrients in a low-calorie package. Dark, leafy greens like spinach are important for skin, hair, and bone health. They also provide protein, iron, vitamins, and minerals.
Iron plays a central role in the function of red blood cells, which help in transporting oxygen around the body, in energy production and DNA synthesis. Spinach is also an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C and folate as well as being a good source of manganese, magnesium, iron and vitamin B2.
Leafy greens like spinach are suitable for human health, and dogs gain those same benefits from spinach. Benefits of spinach will not affect dogs in a similar way to humans, but is still helpful in maintaining their well-being.
Below Is a List of Significant Health Benefits of Spinach To Dogs.
- Vitamins A, B-complex, C, E, and K are present in the vegetable. Vitamin A improves the skin, coat, and the hair of the dog. This vitamin also prevents night blindness and growth retardation. Vitamin B complex is made up of B1, B2, B5, and B12. All of these vitamins prevent loss of appetite, hair loss, loss of reflexes, and loss of nerve control. These vitamins also stop hemorrhagic diarrhea, skin lesions, macrocytic anemia, swollen gums, weakness and poor eye growth. The lessening of the dog’s susceptibility to diseases and increases its healing ability due to Vitamin C.
- Vitamin E stops occurrences of brown bowel syndrome and prevents reproductive organ. Finally, Vitamin K lessens the time of blood clotting and prevents hemorrhage in the dogs.
- Spinach is a source of dietary fibre. Dietary fibre is the part of a vegetable or plant that cannot be digested. Despite its in-digestibility trait, it helps the dog’s digestive system and aids in its bowel movement. Constipation in dog and cats is preventable thanks to dietary fibre.
- Strengthens and improves the dog’s and cats bones. A most valuable benefit for dogs, especially for growing puppies and older dogs. Some dog breeds tend to suffer from bone-related problems. Spinach with its nutrients can help alleviate those dog breeds’ bone-related condition.
- Prevents anemia and enhances the circulation of blood in the dog’s body. Iron is present in the spinach, and there are high levels of iron.
- Contains lots of protein for your pet. You can find essential amino acids in protein, which helps your dog thrive and survive. Protein is essential to the process of cell production. Additionally, protein provides your dog energy for its daily activities. The immune system of your dog gain improvement through protein and keep your dog’s coat shiny.
What you choose to feed your cherished pet is one of the most important decisions you can make. We are dedicated to upholding the highest standards of nutritional integrity and food safety, and it’s why we make every Performadog Premium Performance bag in Australia, using some of the best manufacturing systems in the world. To assure our quality, our factory, ingredients, processes and foods meet the strictest standards, and our ingredient suppliers are approved and audited by the Australian Government Department of Agriculture.
Our Production and Quality Assurance Teams apply strict and rigorous standards.
At all stages of production and preparation, we utilise both Good Manufacturing Principals — a worldwide system for the control and management of manufacturing and quality testing of foods, and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point Analysis (HACCP) — an internationally recognised and systematic preventive approach to food safety. Our fresh regional ingredients truly meet the AAFCO definition for ‘fresh” and standards.
Our quality management systems extend well beyond our factory going forward to our distributor partners and back to our ingredient suppliers, who we know and trust. All meat ingredients are approved by the Australia Government and produced exclusively from animals classified ‘fit for human consumption.’
Our fresh meats are produced within our region in dedicated, approved human grade facilities.
Our Promise Is Simple
To supply the very best dog and cat food, made with the highest standards to enhance health, longevity and the prevention of disease.