Turkey is high in zinc, potassium, B vitamins, phosphorus, tryptophan, selenium and protein. It is low in saturated fat, cholesterol. It can be a part of a healthy eating plan, especially since it is a good source of protein.
What Are The Benefits of Turkey?
- Turkey is a very rich source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6 and the amino acid tryptothan. Apart from these nutrients, it is also contains zinc and vitamin B12.
- Gram for gram, turkey offers more protein than any other meat.
- Since turkey is low in myoglobin (a protein that gives red meat its color), it is classed as “white meat”
- Turkey contains relatively high amounts of iron, potassium, phosphorus, selenium and zinc.
A Rich Source of B Vitamins
Turkey contains the full range of B vitamins in decent amounts, particularly vitamin B3 (niacin) and B6 (pyridoxine). B vitamins play an essential role in overall health, and they are involved in essential processes ranging from energy metabolism to nerve function and hormone production. Recent research also demonstrates their benefit in several key areas;
- B vitamin insufficiency is associated with depression. Various studies demonstrate that B vitamin supplementation helps to reduce symptoms of depression.
- A recent systematic review and meta-analysis suggest that B vitamins play a critical role in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. B vitamins improved cognition in several randomised controlled trials.
An 8 oz (225 g) serving of turkey meat provides a substantial amount of B vitamins;
- Vitamin B1: 8%
- Vitamin B2: 16%
- Vitamin B3: 80%
- Vitamin B5: 16%
- Vitamin B6: 64%
- Vitamin B12: 16%
- Folate: 5%
What you choose to feed your cherished pet is one of the most important decisions you can make. We are dedicated to upholding the highest standards of nutritional integrity and food safety, and it’s why we make every Performadog Premium Performance bag in Australia, using some of the best manufacturing systems in the world. To assure our quality, our factory, ingredients, processes and foods meet the strictest standards, and our ingredient suppliers are approved and audited by the Australian Government Department of Agriculture.
Our Production and Quality Assurance Teams apply strict and rigorous standards
At all stages of production and preparation, we utilise both Good Manufacturing Principals — a worldwide system for the control and management of manufacturing and quality testing of foods, and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point Analysis (HACCP) — an internationally recognised and systematic preventive approach to food safety. Our fresh regional ingredients truly meet the AAFCO definition for ‘fresh” and standards.
Our quality management systems extend well beyond our factory going forward to our distributor partners and back to our ingredient suppliers, who we know and trust. All meat ingredients are approved by the Australia Government and produced exclusively from animals classified ‘fit for human consumption.’
Our fresh meats are produced within our region in dedicated, approved human grade facilities.
Our Promise Is Simple
To supply the very best dog and cat food, made with the highest standards to enhance health, longevity and the prevention of disease.